Monday, June 7, 2010

Floating Key Chain

This is a floating key chain I came up with- I took a cork from a wine bottle, poked a hole in it and ran a lanyard line through.  I then tied a 6 lead by 5 bight turks head in black around the cork.  I then tied a knife lanyard knot and then a simple overhand knot tied very tight to make the key ring attachment.  I'll have to try the same kind of key chain wrapping the cork completely including the ends.  I do like having the exposed cork as I think it is interesting.  This was not an easy piece of work to photograph- I ended up using a phone picture rather than a camera picture.  I'm sure if I fiddled with the camera for a couple hours I could have figured it out, but the phone picture turned out okay (could be better).

No comments:

Blog Archive